ORCA Challenge 2016
What is it?
The ORCA Challenge is an opportunity for people who care about whales and dolphins to raise funds to help us enhance the work that we do and develop new and exciting projects that complement the work that our teams and surveyors carry out both on and off shore. It’s really simple to take part, decide what you want to do and set up a JustGiving Page for people to donate to ORCA (if you have raised funds through a sale or other event please send us a cheque after the event with your details). Make sure that you keep us posted about your activities or event as we would love to publicise it for you on our website and on social media.
Who can take part?
Anyone and everyone – members, volunteers, staff, supporters, teachers and students that we have worked with on our Your Seas project. If you would like to help ORCA raise money this is the challenge for you.
2016 ORCA Fundraisers
On 17th April, keen runner James England will be taking part in the Brighton Marathon for ORCA.
- James England
Your Seas Community Wildlife Officer Rachael Forster will be taking part in the 'No Ego Mud Challenge’ on April 16th. This is a 12km run with over 40 obstacles and Rachael is aiming to raise £200.
A year’s free membership and an ORCA branded merchandise pack – including cuddly dolphin, beanie hat, t shirt and fleece (if you wish to purchase these items please visit our online shop)
The Challenge will close on 31st December 2016
What can I do?
Anything as long it’s legal! Some ideas are below, but do get in touch with us if you have an idea you’d like to talk about in more detail:
- Hold a raffle at an event
- Instead of asking for birthday presents set up a donation page to ORCA
- Carry out a sponsored event
- Do a car boot sale and donate the profits
- Hold a coffee morning and sell cakes for ORCA
- Sell unwanted items on Ebay (it’s easy to donate a percentage of your sales to ORCA as we’re registered as charity on Paypal)
- Arrange a quiz night and donate the entry fees
- Swim for a Fin – carry out a sponsored swimming event (we have a fundraising pack for this!)
- Hire yourself out – offer to carry out house work, ironing, gardening, car washing for your friends and family
- There are countless other things you could do: shave your head, wax your chest/go orange for ORCA!
If you have any questions or need collection tins please contact us on ORCAchallenge@orcaweb.org.uk
Getting the donations to ORCA:
The simplest way to get any donations to us is to set up a JustGiving page in your name, alternatively you can send a cheque and your contact details to us (Cheques should be made payable to ORCA for the full amount you raise to us at ORCA, Brittany Centre, Wharf Road, Portsmouth PO2 8RU with any completed sponsor forms)
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible to take part challenges must be completed by 31st December 2016, monies raised to be collected and sent to ORCA by 31 January 2017. Winners will be announced and contacted in February 2017.