ORCA Challenge 2017
What is it?
The ORCA Challenge is an opportunity for people who care about whales and dolphins to raise funds to help us enhance the work that we do and develop new and exciting projects that complement the work that our teams and surveyors carry out both on and off shore. It’s really simple to take part, decide what you want to do and set up a JustGiving Page for people to donate to ORCA (if you have raised funds through a sale or other event please send us a cheque after the event with your details). Make sure that you keep us posted about your activities or event as we would love to publicise it for you on our website and on social media.
Who can take part?
Anyone and everyone – members, volunteers, supporters, teachers and students. If you would like to help ORCA raise funds to expand our work, then this is the challenge for you.
2016 ORCA Fundraiser
On 17th April, keen runner James England took part in the Brighton Marathon for ORCA. You can still show your appreciation for James' efforts by clicking on the button below:
What can I do?
Anything as long it’s legal! Some ideas are below, but do get in touch with us if you have an idea you’d like to talk about in more detail:
- Hold a raffle at an event
- Instead of asking for birthday presents set up a donation page to ORCA
- Carry out a sponsored event
- Do a car boot sale and donate the profits
- Hold a coffee morning and sell cakes for ORCA
- Sell unwanted items on Ebay (it’s easy to donate a percentage of your sales to ORCA as we’re registered as charity on Paypal)
- Arrange a quiz night and donate the entry fees
- Swim for a Fin – carry out a sponsored swimming event (we have a fundraising pack for this!)
- Hire yourself out – offer to carry out house work, ironing, gardening, car washing for your friends and family
- There are countless other things you could do: shave your head, wax your chest/go orange for ORCA!
If you have any questions or need collection tins please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting the donations to ORCA:
The simplest way to get any donations to us is to set up a JustGiving page in your name, alternatively you can send a cheque and your contact details to us (Cheques should be made payable to ORCA for the full amount you raise to us at ORCA, Brittany Centre, Wharf Road, Portsmouth PO2 8RU with any completed sponsor forms).